Friday 3 June 2011

If i was you....

Happy Friday!

A small story, years and years ago, when i was about 14/15, my Oma made a cake. It was a beautiful cake. Coconut topping, light sponge, yet it was really moist. I don't mean just moist, it was wet. With cream. It was the most delicious cake i have ever eaten and for years i have been trying to find a recipe. I'll admit though...i'm not the best at looking for things.

My mum said she had the recipe and made it for me a few years ago. No. It wasn't the same. Not even close. I was gutted because i thought i had finally found the cake.
Anyway, i did a bit of googling and found the cake!!
I google imaged rather than searched for recipes, found it straight away!!
It's called Blechkuchen and is a traditional German sheet cake. It's yummy.
So my mum gave me another recipe and i made it, i made way too much, i have slices and slices of it in the freezer. But that's good, it can freeze! Cake on tap yes!


In other news i was very lucky to be included in Sandra Dieckmann's If i was You project. This week it was my turn and i had to follow Hayley Warnham. I did a fair bit of research and here's what i came up with.....eventually lol!

If i was Hayley i would start a club where only people who had Fisheyes are allowed in to play.

I feel really lucky to be in such good company, go check out the site!

Also this week i finally got my care package from my sister, it was very fun, i've been waiting for this for weeks so to finally have it is a big 'yeey'.......


A cute card, because 'i like bunting' lol.


My first bag of goodies, some clips for my uber short hair, false eyelashes for nights out, mainly because i have really short hair now and want to make my eyes 'pop' a bit more! Asda's own eyelashes are like less than £2 but they are so good. I don't use them more than once because it freaks me out a bit, but my sister can keep them on for well over a week, pretty sturdy and not too fake looking, a nice cheap pair :)

She also sent me the ugliest earrings i have ever seen, i told her i didn't like them, she went 'yeh i didn't think you would' !! Why get them then skel?!

And finally.....

Check out how happy i am, with my squinty eye and old lady claw hand! Ha!

My Topshop creme blush!! In flush! I have heard good things about this so begged and bribed my sister to get me one and send it over to me. It's more pink than i imagined but thats a good thing, i'm pretty pale so suit pinky things rather than brown/orangey stuff.

I took a trip to the mall, Robin Sparkles wasn't there unfortunately, but i did find some pretty amazing make up! I have been looking into the Urban Decay 'Naked' palette because i love love love nudey eyeshadow colours, however, its like $45-$75 (!!??!!) which is way way waaay out of my price range! So i was in this fancy looking shop and found some NYX palettes that were just my thing. One is browns and one is glitter. They were really cheap aswel, and wear really well so i am hugely excited to wear these!


I've been a bit ill though so haven't bothered with make up these past few days. I think it was the beginnings of a cold, sniffly/blocked nose, hot and cold flushes, just general lethargy...To be honest i thought i might have caught this horrible e coli virus that's infected Germany. I think i'm safe though.
It's a bit scary, i want salad and fruit but i'm cautious about what i can and can't eat!!

Suffering from anxiety doesn't help matters either!!

Anyway, that is all for today, i'm off out to get some chamomile tea and throat lozenges and finish watching Great British Menu :)

Peas xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...